I promised y’all a bodyweight circuit with my brother and Mom, but the day after those killer sprints, Adam and I decided to do them again. What doesn’t kill you…blah blah blah. It was awful, but felt oh so good when it was done.
Yesterday, I brought my mom through 4 rounds of circuit training. Each round was five minutes, and for the fourth round, you chose which circuit you wanted to repeat. (Adam hurt his quad and starts preseason soon, so he is taking it easy to recover.)
*Shameless Plug: Some of these exercises were inspired by the wonderful, strong and awesome Nina Elliot, my amazing boss at TRUE Health and Wholeness.
Below is my circuit, my mom’s, which is a bit modified (no jumping, burpees, etc) follows mine.
Round 1: Legs
– Jumping Lunges 20x
– Burpee to tuck jump 20x
– 25 mountain climbers
– bodyweight squats 10x
Round 2: Arms
– Pushups ladder: 1 on knees, 1 on toes, 2 on knees, 2 on toes, to three and back down (courtesy of Nina!)
– Seated Tricep Dips 10x
– Uneven push ups (right hand in front of left, then switch) 5 e/a
– Push Press with a 7 1/2 month old child who was crying and getting restless in her bouncy seat watching us workout–> these turned into diamond pushups once she settled.
Round 3: Abs
– High plank, knees to elbow 1 e/a
– Quarter Squat, dumbbell front raise to row
– Slow cross crawls 10 e/a
– Power Tuck Jumps 10x
Mama Bear’s Circuits: Mom repeated arms/abs for round 4
Round 1: Arms
– Lateral plank walk, pushup on knees, lateral plank walk back down the mat, push up on knees. Repeat 3x
– Thrusters, 10 lb dumbells 10x (I know I said bodyweight, but weights make my mom feel cool and strong!)
– Seated tricep drips 10x
– Single Arm, Bent Over Row with 10 lb dumbbell 8x e/a
Round 2: Legs
– Walking lunges holding dumbbells 8x e/a
– Squat, Squat Jump 8x
– Sumo Squat 10x
Round 3: Abs
– Half Burpee, Fire Hydrant e/a side 5x
– Slow Cross Crawls 20x
– Quarter Squat Straight Arm Dumbbell Raise to Row 10x
Then, I made some Flax and Grain toast with avocados and an egg white, had some Kombucha Tea and headed out to teach my niece and nephew to fish. It was a wonderful day!
Until next time,