Have you seen the Nike shirt that says “NOT RUNNING SUCKS”? 100% true. I am currently sidelined for a few days and it is killing me. Tuesday morning, 5:45am, mile repeats on deck, right shin did not get the memo. What is up with Tuesdays? They loathe me. Anyways, it looks like I have some form of shin splints. I have been instructed to avoid the impact running puts on my body so I went to spin class last night. It was an awesome class, I’m talking DMX, NSYNC and Ja Rule. Basically a dream. It still didn’t do it for me! DMX didn’t do it for me, how is that possible? It’s just not the same.
As awful as I am feeling after not running much the past three days I am seeing a few positives.
- I miss running after like, A DAY. I know that is very hard for you non-runners to understand, but it is awesome to be so delighted for my next long run.
- I will come back stronger and smarter. I am way more conscious and aware of the little things I need to do to stay healthy. Stretch, lift, warm-up, foam roll, cool down, etc.
- I have time to focus on the long term. Like I’ve said before, it is easy to get caught up in the short term when training is 18 weeks long. I can’t do that while I am injured because I will literally rip my hair out.
- I am forced to clean up my diet. I can’t run as much, so naturally I can’t get away with eating some of the junk I have been the last few weeks. Au revoir sweets and cheese.
- It could be WAY worse. There are much bigger issues in life and if this is my biggest hurdle the next few months I am one lucky gal.
To keep everyone going, here are my latest go to power songs. Enjoy!